Friday, July 27, 2012, 6:18 pm Β·
absorbing what is worth keeping
absorbing what is worth keeping
THIS HAS BEEN LARRY'S SKIN FOR THE PAST ONE HALF WEEKS //nosebleed
#
this past sunday, I went to meet up with one of my precious group of kids from my camp facilitating days — the P0K3M0N lolol and I am Misty~ meet up at Serangoon with thoughts about having dinner at Chompchomp, but failed because we were all lazy children and settled for nex instead. I, on the other hand, had my bus ride again. travelled through the old places we(?) used to frequent back then. Tavistock Ave was a very familiar place to me, and to step on to the playground with the swings again, wow. the emotional rush was ridiculous. I mean, really, it was never my house. in fact, it was more of a secret hideaway, being Zakk's old place TEEHEE
sometimes I forget that, although they were my (undergrad) students campers, I was still the youngest among them. to sit in their conversations and bask in all their stories and adventures, both locally and off-shore, I cannot help but be awed by their achievements like a proud (under aged) mother that I am. the children grow up so fast, I feel like Im running behind them, trying to catch up, but failure's constantly presenting itself into my path. failure, because I lack the drive to move on. I dont know how, and I am refusing help as well assistance to help see me through this adolescent ordeal. ): but anyway, GOOD FOR Y'ALL BABIES! THE NEXT TIME WE MEET WE GOTS TO GET THEM OYSTER OMELETTE AT CHOMPCHOMP FURREAL OKAYYY~ ♥
on monday, I met up with viv-ukelelegirl-poynter over at her place. we spend a good time of the entire day talking about everything! from music, to friends/people, to studies, the future, even religion! and suddenly, it's already time for the girl to leave. this saturday. tomorrow. for canada, her birthplace, to resume her studies in the arts! girl's got it good right now, and I really wish her the best of luck. the only picture that is the evidence of the hellagood time is on facebook, with a really unpleasant face of mine. but heck, the girl's pretty so Im good ^^
this entire week though, I've been juggling with a whole lot of programme in lieu with Bulan Bahasa. I taught kids how to weave the ketupat and how to make bunga manggarrr~ all in a week's work, all the way over at tampines in some secondary school (: it's a really good experience and revelation to me. the kids in this generation, age toddlers to young adults — kids, really — are slowly forgetting their cultural origins. even if not cultural, well, basically, the beginnings of beginnings. and these traditions, even in games, are slowly evaporating into nothingness. we dont see kids play the five stones, or marbles, let alone congkak. sure, we are advanced now, but that doesnt mean we forget and let go of our humble beginnings.
I might as well be the sole ketupat master of our generation, seeing the disinterest and pessimism in the kids when it comes to ketupat weaving. sometimes, I question them, what is it that is so hard about weaving the ketupat when you havent even tried it yet. it is actually really really simple. too simple, in fact, that I think the reputation about it being confusing is very much a hoax. that, and the fact that it's thought to be the universal thing when the ladies are meant to be stuck doing such thing while the cocks deal with playing and eating for the day. HMPH!
back to my point, I truly missed having out with kids. children. students. people, generally. but I think I've changed enough to cause a reverse effect when meeting new people. when I settle down at night and recollect my daily activities, I get irked with myself sometimes, and it's pointless to state the reasons why. I just do.
yesterday, after my final ketupat lesson, I met up with dino co. we went to break fast over at her brother's place near pioneer station. really cool to see the girls again ^^ and then there's dino's precious niece and nephew. omg I love kids~ ♥
after this, the girls are known as BZ sisters -..-
it was a really enjoyable time yesterday. baz and I couldnt get our butts off that car-bike thing. I will purchase one soon, because I know where to get it. Toys R Us~ and that same girl had an epic hairfail moment when nana's kid fan got entangled with her hair. no one helped. we were all laughing at the chaos /facepalm while laughing hysterically. zim was being sucha kakak yesterday, and a very prominent rikikwang worshipper. the latter part is really a 'whatsnew' kinda quote, so we'll leave it at that. as for my dino, well, she's stressed I guess. girl has to get her chin up and be a good girl like she always is ahh. maintain k, slow pom peepee. (Y) I am just a couple of bus stops, if not a phone call, away~
and I suddenly miss everyone else. but how can I let them know when I have lost my voice and it's already been two daysss T_T ravel in the celebratory face of this temporary mute being.
Labels: happy, kids, reminiscing in the golden reverie, something that only happens in a blue moon
.